Thursday, October 25, 2007

Convalescence

I am recovering from a very mysterious bout of stomach-grossness from yesterday. It was so strange - I would be fine for twenty minutes and then all of a sudden I would feel the need to expel the contents of my stomach (which were nothing!). That went on all day yesterday, and this morning, I am fine.

Anyway, during my convalescence (over-dramatic much?), I plan on drawing and painting, whilst watching "The Royal Tennenbaums" and other such cinematic gems. Oh, and drinking LOTS of coffee. Yeah.

And I finished "Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell." That book is so beautiful. I cried when I finished it because it was over. It's so much worse when a book is large like that - you build a relationship with it, and when it's finally finished, it's almost like the heartache of a break-up, only in miniature. And I know I'm not the only book-freak out there, so don't tell me I'm being weird and sentimental. Ah, well, now I'm on to finishing "Grimms' Complete Fairy Tales," "The Bedside Book of Death," and "The Oxford Book of Victorian Ghost Stories." Then, I'm on to "Andersen's Complete Fairy Tales" and my Children's Lit. class text.

I guess this post didn't really have a point, other than to vent about the end of reading that amazing novel, but now I feel like I've committed myself to doing something today, because I said I would here. Funny how that works.

So, I'm off to make coffee and start in on the art-fest that is today.

Love,
Sarah

No comments: